Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Phoebe Palmer and a morning of JOY

If you get a chance check out the life of this lady, wow what a difference she made in the lives of men and women she impacted in her lifetime.

I awoke this morning at 5:10 a.m. to my wife coughing and wheezing. So many times we are faced with undesirable circumstances yet fail to reach to the promise, the path, the power that Christ affords through the spiritual gifts he afforded his apostles and continues to pour out in our lives. If only we ask for that extra energy, that precious wisdom, that spirit of truth, and healing (be it physical, emotional, or spiritual). I asked and received. I touched my wife on her arm and prayed a prayer of healing and comfort and rest and returned to peaceful slumber for another hour.

No comments: