Friday, March 24, 2006

Father Knows Best

I had a question from a co-worker this morning and whether it is unusual for a company to have rule regarding “fraternizing” between employees. It seems that he has a friend who is upset about someone getting favorable treatment by a manager due to a personal relationship (not intimate, just friendship outside the store). Its difficult to put myself in the shoes of the people involved but I have been given one morsel of wisdom as a gift of letting go of many years of frustration and it is very applicable here. Relish being put under the authority of others no matter whether you “think” you should be or not. God has a plan for our life and in his infinite wisdom he is infinitely in a better position to know what is good for my heart than I am myself. I see the world through a limited, wounded, selfish viewpoint whereas God knows every choice I will make beforehand and has had the consequences in place since the beginning of time. What a freedom it is to put the outcome in God’s hand and live a life of being his student. Yahweh look what you’ve done for me!

No comments: