Monday, February 19, 2007

Just Like Me

You know us Jesus, yet still you call. I read Cathleen Falsani's "The God Factor" yesterday and I highly recommend it as insight into the universality of God's call to us. No, we don't all recognize it in the same way but we all deny it in the same way and try all the time to mold it to our own ideas of right and wrong, good and bad, throughout our lives. Ms. Falsani does a refreshing job of reporting the spiritual lives of several "famous" people. I found myself hopeful after reading it. Hopeful that God's grace will probably touch many more than I'd previously felt it would and optimistic that my own spirituality is still holding ground as the rising tide of pluralism remains less than satisfying for those seeking the meaning and source of all things good and beautiful.

No comments: